The amount of energy in a battery is expressed in watt-hours (Wh). The number of watt-hours is calculated by multiplying the voltage (V) by the number of amp-hours (Ah). The higher the number of watt-hours, the greater the range!
Suppose your battery has a capacity of 13Ah and a voltage of 36V. This battery delivers 468Wh, since 13Ah x 36V equals 468Wh.
Most importantly, with a 13Ah battery, you achieve a range between 60 km and 120 km.
The battery of your electric bike enables you to get where you need to be. Veloci bicycles have batteries with different capacities. The reasons why its range is high or low remain the same:
With the following tips you can ensure that the battery retains a high capacity for a long time:
- Charge your battery every two months and store your battery indoors at room temperature.
- Never let the battery run completely empty. This can seriously affect battery performance.
- Store your battery in a dry and protected place at room temperature.
- Like other batteries, the battery of an e-bike is sensitive to ambient temperatures. In freezing weather, its capacity can drop by 33%.
- The battery can withstand rain, but should never be submerged in water or cleaned with a pressure washer.
- Has the battery fallen? Have the battery checked for internal damage or short circuit as soon as possible by scheduling a maintenance on My Bizbike.
When the battery is not on, you still cycle with very little resistance thanks to the brushless motor. Caution: if you cycle with the battery off, the lights will not work either. The lights do work when the battery is on, but the assist is set to 0.
You can charge the battery up to 600 times. On average, this corresponds to a period of 4-5 years.
The Veloci bikes are equipped with a motor that gives you electric support up to 25 km/h. This is more than enough for relaxed cycling against the wind or on an incline. Above 25 km/h, motor assistance cuts out so that you never reach a dangerous speed.
When you start cycling, the motor recognizes the movement and will immediately provide assistance. The support remains constant as long as you keep pedalling. So it doesn't matter how hard you pedal yourself: the support remains the same.
Choosing the right frame size is very important when purchasing a bicycle. The standard sizes of 48 for women and 51 for men are suitable for about 90% of the population. Our bikes are available in the following frame sizes:
If you choose an e-bike with a non-suspension seat post, you can get 4 cm off the frame size without sacrificing any significant riding comfort. This is because the suspension seat post creates a difference in height. To get your bike equipped with a non-suspension seat post, please contact customer service via "My support" on My Bizbike.
Our bicycles are designed to carry a weight of up to 120 kg. If you weigh more than 120 kg and it turns out that overloading is the cause of damage, the warranty on the frame and non-electrical parts may become void. Moreover, do not hang a child seat, bags or other objects on the handlebars. The carrier has a maximum load capacity of 20 kg and the maximum steering load is 5 kg.
The short answer: yes!
The long answer: our bikes are equipped with an ART-approved lock from AXA. The lock has an anti-drill cylinder and can be closed by turning the key clockwise and then pushing down the lock's shackle. Pull the key out of the lock when you have reached the lowest position on the shackle.
Some tips to prevent theft:
- Always lock your bike and the battery lock in order to prevent theft.
- If desired, you can purchase an extra bicycle lock.
- Have you lost the key to your bicycle lock and battery? Bizbike does not store duplicates for security reasons. You should therefore take a photo of the white sticker on your bicycle key. With the code on the sticker, you can go to this link and order an extra copy. If you lose the key and have not kept the code, a mobile bicycle technician will have to visit you in order to replace the shackle and/or battery lock. You can request the appointment via "My appointments" on My Bizbike.
|Lifetime warranty||Frame: lifetime warranty on construction and/or material defects|
|7 years||Non-electric elements|
|2 years||Battery and electric elements|
The warranty period always starts from the time of delivery.
My warranty is still valid
If a part that needs to be repaired or replaced is under warranty, you can schedule an appointment for this via My Bizbike. You will not be charged for this. The technician who comes out will assess the warranty.
My warranty has expired
You can request at home repair or replacement via My Bizbike. Parts that you can install on the bike yourself can be ordered via the Support function on My Bizbike. You will receive the invoice for your order soon afterwards. As soon as you have paid, we will send your package.
After you ordered your bike and received your login details for My Bizbike, and before you schedule your delivery, send a message to customer service via "My support" on My Bizbike. One of the Bizbike employees will change your order. It can be changed until 5 working days before the planned delivery date. After that it is unfortunately no longer possible for logistical reasons.
We can deliver your bike in about 5 working days after receiving the order. You will receive a confirmation from us that we have received your order.
Please note: you must schedule the delivery of your bike yourself via "My appointments" on My Bizbike!
The bike is delivered fully assembled, wherever and whenever you want. The delivery includes:
- Bike is taken out of the box
- Saddle is adjusted
- Pedals are installed correctly
- Return the packing materials
Our bikes are delivered by a Bizbike staff member or one of our partners:
If the bike does not meet your expectations, you have 30 days from the day of delivery of the bike to return it.
Step 1: contact customer service
You can easily do this via the support function on My Bizbike. One of our employees will schedule an appointment to pick up your bike.
Step 2: confirm the appointment
Are you not free that day? Then choose a date that suits you. Once the appointment has been confirmed, you will receive an e-mail one day before with the estimated time when the bicycle will be picked up.
Step 3: your bike gets picked up
One of Bizbike's partners will pick up your bike for free.
Step 4: your payment will be refunded
After checking for damage and traces of use in the Bizbike workshop, you will receive a full refund.
The first maintenance of your e-bike is offered free of charge and must be taken after 500 km or within 6 months after delivery date, whichever occurs first. Please be aware that the first free service must be used within the first 6 months of owning your bike, otherwise your free service will no longer be valid. Requesting your service can be done in different ways:
- Enable digital assistant Sara to make an appointment
- Go to "My appointments" on your My Bizbike profile
Regular checks can save you a lot of unnecessary damage (and therefore a lot of unnecessary costs!) in the long run. Therefore, we recommend that you have your bike serviced once a year.
Curious about what happens during such a maintenance? In short: everything that guarantees your safety!
- Check: are your bike, saddle, and pedals adjusted correctly?
- Lubricate chain
- Adjust brakes and gears
- Inflate (inner) tubes
- Examination of bicycle parts for wear
- (Possible) replacement of bicycle parts that show wear
Our manufacturer Bizbike is responsible for the service of your electric bicycle at home. At the moment that suits you best, our technicians will visit you for any necessary repairs and/or maintenance. Plan a convenient time via your own account on the customer platform My Bizbike.
Since 1 January 2022, Bizbike has applied the following rates for the annual maintenance of the bicycle and/or the replacement of parts:
|30 minutes (this is the time for a standard maintenance)||€49|
|Additional time (charged per quarter of an hour)||€50 per hour|
These prices include transportation and VAT but exclude any parts that need to be replaced. You can pay with your bank card via our mobile payment terminal or with cash.
If you cycle in the rain, hail, or snow, dirt can sometimes stick to your chain and other bike parts. Remove it regularly so it doesn't build up. Your bicycle benefits from this: a well-maintained bicycle enjoys a longer lifespan and runs more smoothly.
To clean your bike, it's best to use:
- Old towel and sponge
- Watering can or bucket
- Veloci maintenance pack
Do not use a high-pressure cleaner – it will destroy your bike! Also, do not pour excessive amounts of water over the bicycle. It can certainly withstand a rain shower, but a deluge does not do your bike any good!
If you go through the following steps, your bike will shine like never before:
- Rinse the dust and dirt from your bike with lukewarm water. This makes it easier to remove grease and oil.
- Before you start cleaning your bike, the chain and chain guard deserve your attention: clean both with the degreaser and the stiff brush. Then rinse the chain with some (warm) water, dry it with an old rag and apply some of the chain oil. A little goes a long way: do not use too much chain oil.
- Now that your chain has been degreased, polish the frame of your bike. Use lukewarm water and some of the soap. Start at the handlebars and work your way to the rear. Don't forget the wheels and spokes!
- Rinse the soap residue from the bike, and dry with a towel.
- Also check that all bolts and nuts are still tight. If you apply a lubricant such as petroleum jelly, they will rust less quickly.
To keep your bike functional, repeat this process every 500 km.
Not only do we recommend that you clean your bike regularly, we also recommend that you treat certain parts immediately after cleaning. Grease chromed and stainless steel parts and unpainted aluminium with acid-free petroleum jelly to prevent oxidation (i.e., rust). Rotating parts, in turn, need grease or oil. It is recommended that the chain, sprockets and axles be lubricated regularly with chain oil.
Immediately report the theft to the police. For this you need the frame number of the electric bicycle. You can find this on the white sticker near the bottom bracket and the rear wheel axle. It is under the barcode and always starts with "VEL". If the e-bike is insured, you can then contact the insurance company with proof of the report for further assistance.
Didn't find your answer?
Drop your question here.